RECEIVING YOUR TICKETS
Ticket RSVP post cards will begin mailed via USPS on June 22, 2017 from Department of Navy. Do not reply unless you plan to attend. Ticket limit is 2 tickets per household. Minimum age is 9 years old- no child under the age of NINE years will be admitted to pier.
Tickets and photo identification are required.
Mobility alert- Be advised this pier a double decker pier so expect steep incline.
Heat Advisory- Please consider there is no shade or air conditioning on pier and we expect extreme temperatures.
Ceremony viewing restricted to Jumbtron by all seats.
Directions- Commissioning guests will enter Naval Station Norfolk via Gates 2 or 3.
Ceremony will take place on Pier 11 at 10 a.m. Security screening will begin at 7 a.m. guest to be on peir by 8:30 a.m.
Ceremony is rain or shine. No Umbrellas.
ALL guests, upon arrival will be asked to produce: your invitation and a valid Government issued photo identification.
Approved Government issued identifications are as follows:
1. U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card.
2. Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551).
3. Foreign passport that contains a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine-readable immigrant visa.
4. Driver's license or ID card issued by a RealID Act compliant state or outlying possession of the U.S. provided it contains a photograph and biographic information such as name, DOB, gender, height, eye color, and address. NOTE: Licenses or IDs possessing
"NOT APPLICABLE FOR FEDERAL PURPOSES" are not acceptable.
5. School ID card with a photograph.
6. U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card (MMC) or Merchant Mariner's Documents (MMD)
7. Native American Tribal Photo ID cards.
All guests will pass throuh a security checkpoint that includes metal detectors and working military dogs.
Do not bring:
Backpacks or large bags- purses are subject to inpection
Cameras and Video devices are allowed.
Navy League of the United States, Hampton Roads
600 Lynnhaven Parkway, Suite 202
Virginia Beach, VA, 23452
TEL 757.486.7654 | FAX 757.486.7803
For Press Creditials to Official Navy Event contact:
LCDR Richard D. Hecht
Public Affairs Officer
Commander, Naval Air Force Atlantic
1562 Mitscher Ave., Suite 300
Norfolk, VA 23551-2427
Images provided by Huntington Ingalls Industries.